Notes: June 2018 DCS GIS Solutions Group Meeting
Date: May 29, 2018 ● 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: DIR Congress Conference Room, CR1, W. P. Clements Building, 13th floor
Meeting Chair: Richard Wade, TWDB/TNRIS; Ed Kelly, DIR – Co-chair
Participants: Felicia Retiz, Gayla Mullins, Ilyanna Kadich, TWDB/TNRIS; Raj Nadkarni, TCEQ; Chris Bardash, TxDOT; Scot Friedman, GLO; Jenn Sylvester, AppGeo
Welcome and Introductions
Parcel and Address Point Project Overview - Ilyanna Kadich
- Ilyanna's role as educator - to educate consumers on the purpose/objective of the two priority data sets.
- Parcel Data
- Working with GLO to update the 18 coastal county parcels.
- Met with Core Logic, Dallas Central Appraisal District, BIS Consulting, and Harris Govern so far.
- Attended the Texas Demographer's Conference in May.
- Address Points
- Met with Commission on State Emergency Communications and 911 Datamasters to discuss the current climate of 911 GIS.
- Initially, the address point data developed for the Water Data Model would supply the National Address Database. Currently reviewing their standard and requirements.
- Stakeholder committee will be initiated for interested groups.
- Assign those within agencies who use the data
- Project manager to be assigned
- One page logic model for distribution
Google Cloud Training - Group Discussion
Training interest so far:
- TCEQ - 4
- TPWD - 3
- TNRIS - 3
- CSEC - 2
- TxGLO - 2
- Group discussed re-addressing Google Cloud training until after the calendar year to ensure available funds.
Topics for GIS SG Consideration - Group Discussion
- Group discussed upcoming Hurricane season, there may be a need to bring up topics and proposals through the BELC meeting for data/knowledge sharing.
• Next meeting – Tuesday, July 2,2018 2:30 – 4:00 p.m