Texas GIS Mentorship Program
Texas Mentorship Program
To connect experienced professionals with aspiring specialists looking for advice on how to best grow their career in GIS.
The Ideal Mentor
- Shares our enthusiasm to give back to their profession through mentoring.
- Makes a concerted effort to meet with their assigned mentee no less than 2 times during the 6-month mentoring period.
- Has at least ten years’ experience working in the GIS field.
- Is willing to provide honest advice in a positive and encouraging way to help advance the mentee.
The Ideal Mentee
- Is sincerely interested in accepting advice on their career path.
Makes a concerted effort to meet with their assigned mentor no less than 2 times during the 6-month mentoring period.
- Is prepared to receive to constructive feedback.
- Is organized and prepared to discuss ambitions, fears, and goals.