This past year was a busy one and
the GIO was just getting started. Here's a rundown of some of exciting projects and initiatives our office was part of, followed
with a look ahead to the coming year.
Some of the things we did...
- Collaborated with Texas Department of Information Resources for GIS Infrastructure Needs.
- Engaged with State and Federal Agency partners to reset communication.
- Conducted Community Interest Surveys.
- Imagery-as-a-Service Solutions
- Priority Statewide GIS Layers
- Collaborated with the Texas Department of Transportation to develop a pilot cloud test environment for GIS
- Held the first Texas GIS Community meeting to discuss meeting requirements, expectations, and meeting
- Conducted roundtable discussion at the Texas GIS Forum with key state agency representatives to discuss the future
of statewide GIS initiatives.
- Worked with the Texas Department of Resources and several state agencies to establish Imagery-as-a-Service pilot for
6-inch Google imagery.
...And what we have planned for 2015
- Create governance council to monitor and measure use of Google Imagery service pilot.
- Develop process and collaborate with State Agencies to determine authoritative data sources.
- Develop State Agency Stakeholder Communication Plan.
- Work with State Agency Stakeholders to outline and develop 2016 Report to the Governor regarding GIS in